From the Alps to the sea
Cycling trips - From the Alps to the Sea, cycling betwen the hills, mountain plateaus, rivers and descent down from the hill to the sea . Pleasant three-day escape from every day life in the Julian Alps, which we end up by jumping into the sea.
- hiking shoes (high ankles, high profile boots)
- wind and rain resistant clothing
- water bottle
- headgear for protection against the sun
- a hat
- a backpack
- walking sticks
- toilet paper
- sneakers or sandals to wear in the mountain hut
- flashlight or a headlamp
- backpack cover
- personal hygiene accessories (toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, moist tissues, a small towel …)
TRIGLAV NATIONAL PARK – LAKE BLED – POKLJUKA - LAKE BOHINJ
We drive from Ljubljana to the mountain plateau of Pokljuka (1000m ), where is every year the World Championship in ski run and biatlon. From Pokljuka we drive around beautiful Bohinj Mountains Zajamniki and Uskovnica, where you can drink savor milk, potica or some other local specialties. The path continues to the Lake Bohinj, which is a true mountain pearl. We spend the night in Bled.
• Length of the track: approx. 40 km
• Approximate duration: 3 - 4 hours
MOUNTAIN PASS VRŠIČ – CANYON OF SOČA RIVER – BOVEC
From Bled, we drive through the valley of the Radovna River towards Slovenia's largest ski center Kranjska Gora, where we take a short stop. The path continues towards the Vršič mountain pass (1611 m), which lies in the middle of the Triglav National Park. From Vršič we descend to the Trenta valley, which is the world-famous river Soča. The path leads us through the idyllic Alpine valley of the Trenta valley, from the source, along the troughs, past the fortress Kluže, all the way to Bovec. We'll spend the night in Bovec.
- Length of the track: approx. 30 km
- Approximate duration: 3 – 4 h
CANYON OF THE RIVER DRAGONJA – SEČOVLJE SALINA NATURE PARK – PIRAN
We drive from Bovec towards the Adriatic Sea, to the village called Marezige above the river of Dragonja and all the way to the landscape park where our final stage is. We follow the Dragonja River canyon, all the way to the Sečovlje Salina Nature Park (optional tour). The path continues along the sea, to the most beautiful Slovenian seaside town of Piran. In the evening we will return to Ljubljana.
- Length of the track: approx. 40 km
- Approximate duration: 4 - 5 hours
- transport from Ljubljana and back
- accommodation: 2 nights (hostels/country guesthouses/private rooms)
- 2 x breakfast in a double room
- Accompanying vehicle (transport of lugage during the accomodation – one piece per person)
- Transport of your own bicycle
- Slovenian escort on the whole route ( guide / companion does not cycle with the guests, but is accmpanied by a vehicle)
- Tourist tax, organisation, taxes
- Bicycle rental (mountain bicycle): 30€
- Single room: 30€
- Helmet rental for three days: 6€
General travelling conditions and travelling instructions are part of the programme.