Karst and sea - three day trip
3 day tour for bicycle enthusiasts. We will explore the beauties of the Karst and the Coast. The tour is dynamic, and has constantly descends and climbs. It passed through the small karst vineyards, oak forests and stone karst villages all the way to the Adriatic Sea and the coastal towns of Koper, Izola and Piran. In this tour you will not be bored, as the path leads us through the natural and cultural sights, but most of the time we have a view of the blue Adriatic Sea. For cycling to be complete, we created a tour that pass first-class rural tourism and inns, where you will be served with authentic Slovenian food and drink.
The Contractor reserves the right to choose activities depending on the place of performance, the weather, the number of participants and the available time.
- We recomend cycling pants and windbreaker
- Clothes for winter, rain
- Lunch fort he day
- Water bottle
- Sun cover
- Backpack (not a bag)
- Cycling ( small cycling backpack)
- Toilet paper
- Sneakers or slippers for the cottage
- Identity document
- Spare lingerie, stockings
- Backpack cover
- Toiletries (toothbrus
LJUBLJANA – PLISKOVICA – SVETO – KOMEN – ŠTANJEL – PLISKOVICA
Driving with a van to the Karst plateau and the village of Pliskovica, where we settle down and have a meal.
First day, we pass through the lonely karst villages of Gorjansko, Vojščica and Temnica, from There we enjoy in the view of Adriatic Sea. In the village Sveto before the mountain Trstelj (653 m) the highest peak of the Black Mountains, we stop for a moment in a memorial park of fallen soldiers from the First World War. We continue the path around the hill Komen, where we have lunch. We descend to the medieval settlement Štanjel, which is really unique and have a stop there to see the castle, the museum and the park. We will return to Pliskovica through Hruševica and Kosovelje and have a dinner at the rural tourism where we are staying through the night.
- Length of the track: approx. 30 km
PLISKOVICA – DUTOVLJE – ŠTORJE – HRUŠEVICA – PLISKOVICA – PIRAN
In the morning we start from Pliskovica head to the Dutovlje center of wine production Karst Teran.
By one of the three best producers of this wine, we visit the cellar and taste the wine. After the tasting, we continue to walk through the Karst villages Tomaj, Avber to Štorje. From there we descend to the valley of the river Raša and follow it almost to Štanjel. From Štanjel to Pliskovica is the only part of the path which we drive twice. On the way to Pliskavica, we stop at rural tourism, tasting prosciutto and have a lunch. In the evening, we drive from Pliskovica with a van, we move to Piran, where we also have a dinner in a good restaurant.
After breakfast, we're back on the bike. We cycle along the coast all the way to the Sečovlje Salina Nature Park, where we take a walk through the landscape park of river Dragonja and have a lunch in a village Marezige. We continue with cycling to Koper, Portorož and end up in Piran. We end our day with a dinner at the restaurant and driving back to Ljubljana.
- Length of the track: approx. 50 km
- All transports on these routes.
- Accomodation in a rural tourism, pensions, private rooms, hostels or hotels **/***
- Three nights with breakfast in a double rooms.
- Two degustations (Teran- prosciutto)
- Accompanying vehicle ( transport of lugage during the accommodation – one piece per person)
- Transport of your own bicycle
- Slovenian escort on the whole route ( guide/ companion does not cycle with the guests, but is accompnied by a vehicle)
- Tourist tax, organisation, taxes.
- Single room 50€
- Rent a bike for four days (mountain bikes) 40€
- Renting a helmet
- Entrance fee ( Prosciutto shop. Lipica, Škocjan cave,) 24€
General travelling conditions and travelling instructions are part of the programme.