Adventure tours Slovenia - Adventure for the gourmets
In the course of the Adventure tours Slovenia - adventure for the gourmets we are going to see the Velika Planina, the biggest still living highland in Slovenia, where it is possible to taste fresh still warm milk or any other milk product. We will descend on a mini raft down the Sava Bohinjka, we will go cycling and we will taste good food and wine from Karst.
The unforgettable underworld of the Škocjan caves will reveal itself to us. The Škocjan caves have been a valuable part of the Unesco wordly inheritance since 1986. We will conclude the experience of Adventure tours Slovenia - adventure for the gourmets in Ljubljana, the capitol of Slovenia.
- cycling shorts and windstoper
- sporty clothes
- mountain shoes (high ankle, profiled soles)
- clothes for during the day, for rain
- snacks for during the day, water-bottle
- sun-glasses, sun-cream
- headgear for the sun, a cap
- a pullover
- a backpack (not a bag)
- cycling (a small cycling backpack)
- walking rods
- toilette paper
- sneakers or slippers for the cottage
- a flashlight or a pocket torch
- personal document
- spare underwear, socks
- something to cover the backpack
- toiletries (toothbrush)
the Canyon of the river Kamniška bistrica – Velika Planina (trekking)
Coming to Slovenia and transfer under the Kamniške Alpe where our trekking tour begins. In the complex of trekking Velika Planina the path will lead us along the picturesque canyon of the river Kamniška Bistrica. In Kamniška Bistrica we will see the original lake and take a walk pass the hunting residence of the former Yugoslavian president Tito. We will ride the gondola to the Velika Planina (1612 m) where it is possible to taste fresh, still warm milk or any other milk product. Around Velika Planina there are lots of smaller mountains over which our tour leads us. We spend the night in on of the mountain cottages on Mala Planina.
- Activity: trekking on Velika Planina (5-6 hours)
Bohinj (rafting) – waterfall Savica – Bled
After breakfast we head off to Lake Bohinj, where a light descend with a mini raft down the alpine river Sava Bohinjka awaits us. That follows lunch and a short rest, which in warm weather can be meant for a short stroll, sitting on the sun or swimming in the lake. In the afternoon we drive to the waterfall Savica, and from there to Bled, the famous Slovenian tourist centre, where we treat ourselves to a dinner and enjoy in the vivacious night-life.
Overnight in Bled or its surrounding.
- Activity: rafting with mini rafts on Sava Bohinjka (3-4 hours)
Karst (bicycle tour, sports games)
In the morning we drive to the heart of Karst, into the country famous for its wine Teran, its red soil - Terra rossa, Karst prosciutto, authentic stone houses, the Karst north wind called Burja, Karst caves and the Lipicaner horse breed. We will ride our bikes over the curvy paths of Karst and during the way admire the Karst villages and countryside. We will take a short stop on a local farm and taste the Karst Teran and prosciutto. In the late hours of the afternoon we will drive to the camp Pivka Jama, where we will play a friendly game of basketball or beach volleyball. We will have dinner near Postojna. Overnight in bungalows.
- Activity: bicycle tour over Karst (30-45 km), sports games
Škocjan caves (walking) – Ljubljana
The underworld of the Škocjan caves park has until now the biggest known underwater canyon and since 1986 is a part of the valuable Unicef wordly inheritance. After the finished tour we will take a walk on the natural-science educational path (cca 2 km). You will enjoy the spectacular views overseeing the deep basins, cliff walls, underground river Reka and the near-by hills. We will end the trip in a pleasant Karst village, where we will indulge ourselves to the Karst delicacies from the home cuisine. All that is left is the drive to the capital Ljubljana, where we say our goodbyes in the evening hours. We spend the night in Ljubljana.
- Activity: walking in the Škocjan caves in hiking trail (2-3 hours)
Ljubljana – airport
In the morning you will have time for souvenir-shopping in downtown Ljubljana, and we will make sure that you will arrive on Brnik carefree on time and fly back to everyday reality.
- all transports on the mentioned routes (one piece of luggage per person)
- a transport from Ljubljana airport to Ljubljana and back
- accommodation in tourist farms, private rooms, hostels and hotels **/***
- 2x overnight with breakfast in hostel Zazid
- 1x overnight with breakfast in 2-beds rooms
- 3x dinner and 1x lunch
- 1x overnight in bungalovs (4-beds rooms) or tents with breakfast
- degustation of Karst wine and Karst prosciutto
- cycling (renting and transporting the bicycle, protective helmet)
- intro dive with basic equipment or riding the hydrofluid
- entry fee for the Škocjan caves
- Slovenian guides and organization
- tourist taxes
Extra payments on your request:
- single bed 60,00 €
- lunch from 5 - 15 € /person/day
General travelling conditions and travelling instructions are part of the programme.